– ESP8266 WeMos D1 mini module which I finally found good application for (now you can buy better cheap ESPs)
– 6 x LEDMatrix module with MAX7219 driver
– supplied directly from USB port with USB plug
– all data are synchronized every 7-8 minutes
– time and date are taken from google.com
– weather informations are grabbed from openweather.org JSON api
– no hardware RTC clock is necessary
+ internal temperature, humidity sensor (options – DS18B20(Internal), DHT22(Indoor), DHT12(Outdoor))
+ ESP8266 setup and control as a Wi-Fi Web Server (WiFiManager, OTA, mDNS)
+ receives a message input from a User Input page, then displays the message on a scrolling LED matrix display.
* The interface for all the controls is designed as a webapp for internet browser.
– 6 x MAX7219 8 x 8 LED Matrix module
– 1 x WeMos D1 mini
– 1 x Interface Shield